Customers will get help on their January bill through a one-time credit as a result of legislation passed by the
"No customer should have to be cold this winter because they can't afford to pay their electric bill," said
Small adjustments can make a big difference in your energy bills. Help reduce energy waste and save money by:
- Lowering your thermostat to 68 degrees. Learn more about your thermostat settings and energy savings by visiting the
U.S. Department of Energywebsite.
- Sealing air leaks. Seal all holes from pipes and wires that enter/exit the living space, including entrances, pull-downs and attic stair openings, light fixtures, pipes and wires.
- Sealing duct work. Make sure that all duct work is sealed at joints and intersections with duct sealer or silicone caulk. Ducts can be sealed using foil-backed tape or silicon caulking.
- Changing your furnace filters monthly. This is the number one reason for furnace breakdowns. Inspect heating and cooling equipment annually, or as recommended by the manufacturer. Have a professional check and clean furnaces once a year.
- Weather-stripping doors, windows and attic entryways. Inspect windows and doors for air leaks. If you can see daylight around a door or window frame, then the door or window needs sealing. Air leaks can be sealed with caulking or weather-stripping. Insulate attic entryways.
More energy saving tips can be found here.
Dominion Energy offers a number of different options for customers who are experiencing high winter bills. Customers can make arrangements through their online account at www.dominionenergy.com or contact us at 866-366-4357. Contacting us early may provide more options. Some accommodations include:
- Budget billing: a convenient option to avoid seasonal fluctuations in bills. The amount you pay on your electric bill will be the same every month, making budgeting easier.
- Flexible payment plans: help spread payments out and make them more manageable.
- Some customers may qualify for additional programs, including governmental assistance through
Virginia2-1-1 or the Virginia Department of Social Services.
EnergyShare is our energy assistance program available to qualified customers facing financial hardship. The program provides bill pay assistance and free weatherization and energy-saving upgrades to low-income and elderly residents, as well as individuals with disabilities and military veterans facing financial challenges.
EnergyShare has provided energy assistance to more than 825,000 families and individuals since 1982. The GTSA expanded EnergyShare with a
To apply for assistance, customers can call 2-1-1 any time of day for a referral to their local EnergyShare agency. For program and eligibility details, visit https://www.dominionenergy.com/energyshare.
ENERGY CONSERVATION PROGRAM
A special program helps low-income and elderly customers reduce their energy usage and save money. Energy experts will do a home visit and pinpoint ways to save energy. In addition to providing a customized assessment, they may also install selected energy-saving products. To learn more about the Income and Age-Qualifying Home Improvement program, click here.
More energy-efficiency programs are expected later this year. Dominion Energy has submitted 11 programs for approval, which would bring total proposed energy efficiency spending to more than
Dominion Energy takes pride in its record of low, stable rates. As of
About Dominion Energy
Nearly 7.5 million customers in 18 states energize their homes and businesses with electricity or natural gas from
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/save-money-energy-this-winter-with-credits-tips-assistance-programs-from-dominion-energy-300774767.html
SOURCE Dominion Energy
Media Contacts: Central: Rayhan Daudani, 804-771-6115, email@example.com; Eastern: Bonita Harris, 757-857-2700, firstname.lastname@example.org; Western: Samantha Moore, 804-771-6115, email@example.com; Northern: Chuck Penn, 703-796-9308, firstname.lastname@example.org